“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they
listen with the intent to reply.”—Stephen Covey
What did you say?
- DO: You listen well?
- DO: You listen with both ears?
- DO: You listen with both
- DO: You ask questions to show interest and get clarity?
- DO: You purposefully fully engage with the person speaking to you?
- DO: You start composing your response in your head while they are talking?
- DO: You read or write emails and text messages while they are talking?
- DO: You get upset and tune them out?
- DO: You let your own thoughts whirl in your head of what you have to do which drowns out the speaker?
- DO: Realize the your divided attention however it manifests is another form of multitasking, which significantly reduces your productivity.
- DO: Note that by not fully listening, you are missing out on critical information, which may not be able to be repeated.
- DO: Understand that missing piece of information could be the difference in making a connection with the person and enrolling them for your services, or not.
- DO: You want to be fully heard and understood when you are speaking?
- DO: Challenge yourself to listen more and speak less; ask questions for clarity to show interest and get more information.
RESULT: Proper listening is a skill, which most people fail at miserably. Not listening fully can cost you getting a new client, make costly mistakes with a client, and hurt relationships—personal or business. This results in time mismanaged. Your lost time. Some things may need to be repeated, only because you weren’t listening in the first place. Or, extra time now has to be devoted to repairing the mistake that resulted from not listening properly in the first place. Also, it shows lack of respect when you are not fully listening to another person. Is that how you want to be treated? Divided attention can be costly. Stay focused on your conversation.
If you have difficulty getting things done, overcoming procrastination, or recognizing where or how you might be wasting time, and want to have more time, money or fun freedom, then contact me for a NO-COST Profit Accelerator Strategy Session– CLICK HERE to Contact me.
If you are afraid of systems, or just don’t have a clue how to have or create a system in your business to make your life easier, then contact me.
Your time is precious. Manage it wisely.(SM)
You don’t need to continue to struggle and try to figure it out by yourself. You’re wasting time, money and energy! To get started on your profitable path sooner, Click here for a free strategy session: ClearVista