“All procrastination is delay, but not all delay is procrastination.” —Timonthy A. Pychyl, Ph.D.
“Procrastination Helps You!”
- DO: Not think I’ve gone crazy!
- DO: First– ALWAYS have a clear understanding of ALL your goals—business and personal.
- DO: Realize that you cannot possibly do everything you want at the time you want to do it, all the time.
- DO: Get a clear picture of your priorities.
- DO: Realize that new things, actions, issues, crises pop up all the time. It’s part of life!
- DO: Understand your job is to quickly evaluate the new action prompted by the challenge.
- DO: Realize that you may now have to DELAY an action of one goal in order to fulfill the goal of another.
- DO: Understand that you are NOT truly procrastinating on that action you claim you avoided, but rather you purposefully delayed the action to fulfill a more pressing goal.
- DO: NOT Confuse Procrastination with Purposeful Delay
- DO: Note that procrastination is a “needless voluntary delay.” The key word is “needless.”
- DO: Not chastise yourself if you are purposefully choosing to delay a task or project if the activity you are doing is to attain a more pressing goal.
RESULT: Procrastination is tricky and sneaky. You can easily convince yourself you’re doing something important when you’re not. It is critical, therefore, to always know and be fully aware of both your goals and actions so you don’t fall into the “I’m busy” trap when it’s really procrastination. On the other hand for example, if you or your child is sick and you need to go to the doctor, you are not procrastinating by not doing your work, you are consciously delaying your work so you can attend to and fulfill a more pressing goal, that of healthcare and being a good parent. Start becoming more aware of your “procrastination” actions and let’s break the procrastination habit. More to come…
Your time is precious. Manage it wisely.
It’s Your Life After All. (SM)
If you have difficulty figuring your goals and priorities, what to delegate, challenges staying focused and getting things done, overcoming procrastination, or recognizing where or how you might be wasting time, and want to have more time, money or fun freedom, then contact me for a NO-COST Profit Accelerator Strategy Session— CLICK HERE to Contact me.
If you are afraid of systems, or just don’t have a clue how to have or create a system in your business to make your life easier, then contact me.
You don’t need to continue to struggle and try to figure it out by yourself. You’re wasting time, money and energy! To get started on your profitable path sooner, Click here for your complimentary Profit Accelerator Strategy session: ClearVista