“Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you’re really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I’ve got a few missing.” –John Mayer, American singer-songwriter
“Do you cringe structure?”
- DO: You hate being put in a box
- DO: You hate hearing you “should” block hours in your daily calendar for everything you do?
- DO: Realize there are a number of ways to slice and dice your day and week.
- DO: Understand, however, that you still need to create some system, so you can stay on track for your goals and accomplishments.
- DO: Consider noting down all the main types of activities that you want to accomplish during a given week.
- DO: Create a chart listing all your activities, such as marketing, potential client calls, client work, etc. with a number of boxes underneath each category. Each box denotes one hour.
- DO: Establish how many hours and therefore how many boxes you want to devote to this particular subject per week.
- DO: Divide your box into 4, if you want to denote 15 minute increments.
- DO: Check the box for every hour/15 minutes you devote to a particular area
- DO: Ensure by the end of the week you have checked all the boxes you established at the beginning.
RESULT: Creating a system like this gives you the freedom to work on a project for 6 hours straight or 2 hours a day for 3 days or whatever combination works for your free flowing mind. The key is that you choose when you work on the subjects to accomplish your work. If you don’t write down anything, however, you won’t know what to focus your time and energy on, and you will waste time and your money.
Your time is precious. Manage it wisely. It’s Your Life After All. (SM)
If you have difficulty figuring your goals and priorities, what to delegate, challenges staying focused and getting things done, overcoming procrastination, or recognizing where or how you might be wasting time, and want to have more time, money or fun freedom, then contact me for a NO-COST Profit Accelerator Strategy Session— CLICK HERE to Contact me. If you are afraid of systems, or just don’t have a clue how to have or create a system in your business to make your life easier, then contact me. You don’t need to continue to struggle and try to figure it out by yourself. You’re wasting time, money and energy! To get started on your profitable path sooner, Click here for your complimentary Profit Accelerator Strategy session: ClearVista